01 Dec Account Coordinator (Food Demonstration Program)
Who we are:
Influence Marketing is an integrated marketing agency that creates immersive consumer experiences in-field, amplifies them on-line, and paves the path to purchase in-store. We help our clients sell more through innovative campaigns strategically designed to influence purchase decisions.
What we do:
We Influence Action Through Experiences
We’re looking for:
An energetic and motivated candidate to join our growing team as an Account Coordinator for our Grocery Store Food Sampling Account – Sobeys!
When you walk into the grocery store and are offered a sample of a product, do you ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes to make that happen? We drive sales for our clients by designing and executing these sampling events, and we want you to join us!
This is an entry-level position, ideal for someone who is a recent graduate and passionate about marketing, looking to kick-start their career in the industry. The role is administrative in part, so we are looking for someone who is process driven, detail oriented and extremely organized.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting your team in bringing 250+ sampling events per weekend to life
- Managing a roster of remote Food Demonstrators to ensure all sampling events are executed by well-trained, engaging staff. This includes:
- Working with The Staffing Specialist to hire new Food Demonstrators, as needed
- Training Food Demonstrators and providing ongoing coaching and performance management as per Store Manager and Field Supervisor feedback
- Creating and implementing incentive programs for Food Demonstrators such as “Highest Sales of the Month” rewards
- Managing a team of remote Field Supervisors
- Approving hours worked for payroll
- Adding, updating and managing staff files on the in-house employee database
- Preparing shipments of supplies for Food Demonstrators
- Supporting management team in client meetings and presentations
- Liaising with stores to ensure there is sufficient product in stock and arrange shifts
- Performing all administrative duties related to staff management including (but not limited to):
- Scheduling Food Demonstrators for shifts
What you need to have:
- Completion of a post-secondary education program, ideally in a Marketing or similar program
- Passion, energy, and drive! We want you to own your work and go above and beyond to make it better every day.
- Above-average people and communication skills are required to connect with Food Demonstrators and work well with your team
- Mental agility – we move FAST here and you’ll need to stay on your toes to keep up
- A knack for organization, multitasking, and prioritization – see above
- Independence and accountability required to proactively problem solve to get the job done
- Attention to detail – we have to dot our ‘i’s and cross our ‘t’s
- Process driven – we have it down to a t!
- Balancing quality vs. speed – we need both
- Understanding of how this role fits within the big picture and how each task impacts the overall success of every program
What is nice to have:
- An interest in Retail/Shopper Marketing
- Experience with Retail or Experiential Marketing campaigns
- Experience or familiarity with people management principles, and how to apply them, especially in remote markets
Why you’ll love working here:
Our team is filled with talented, passionate and quirky people who become much more than your coworkers. We’re located on the east end of Mississauga, in an open and colourful office. We host spontaneous game, there are friendly furry faces (dogs and beards), and a lot of creative souls. We try not to take life too seriously and achieve a work life balance. You can wear what you’re comfortable in – Converse are quite popular! Grow with your team and reach new heights with initiatives like Influence Academy, Career Development and our Mentorship Program.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the right job and place for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact Danielle Perron at email@example.com
Hiring Policy: Influence Marketing is an equal opportunity employer, and provides individual accommodation for applicants who meet the required qualifications.