03 Jul Director/Vice-President Business Development
Job Title: Director/Vice-President Business Development
Position Reports To: President
Business Unit: Experiential, Retail, Digital Marketing Services
Job Type: Full-time permanent
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posting Date: July 3rd, 2018
Overview of the Role:
Do you want to join an established growing marketing company and be part of a dynamic sales team?
As a member of the Business Development team, you are an outgoing, personable self-starter motivated to grow/build client relationships and acquire new business for the organization. We are looking for an experienced sales & marketing professional who possesses deep knowledge of below the line marketing services, and who has proven track record of building and growing business in a service focused organization. You have a deep understanding of Experiential Marketing and have a keen eye for innovation. You are quick on your feet and relish the opportunity to engage with clients in providing solutions to improve their business. You are a strong collaborator and will work seamlessly with our strategic resources and creative department turning opportunities into presentable concepts.
You will enjoy being part of the Influence sales team and working in a collaborative environment. You enjoy the fast-paced nature of agency life, bring a varied network to the table and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Facilitate outreach, increase consideration and sell Influence Marketing services
- Support with ideation and strategy of existing and new business opportunities
- Very competitive salary/compensation
- A united team, innovative thinkers, who are not afraid to work hard and care about doing good work for their clients
- A driven and supportive sales team
- Ability to conduct business in a variety of industry verticals
- Strong family like healthy corporate culture (annual company retreat, dog friendly office, teams, BBQ’s, internal contests, dog friendly office, etc.)
- Milestones Program – i.e. flextime, unlimited vacation after 3 years
- Professional Development opportunities through “Influence Academy”/Mentorship Opportunities
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate outreach and increase consideration of Influence services (sales)
Increase consideration of Influence Marketing Services with key clients through network outreach and development of sales strategies. Work with key procurement departments to have Influence added to approved vendor lists for future opportunities.
- Support on ideation and strategy of existing and new business
Support the Business Development team with ideation and strategy of new and existing business opportunities. Collaborate in brainstorming sessions and help form campaign ideas. Build-out go-to-market strategies and work with creative to develop presentations. Support the pitch team in the content delivery.
- Support with client service for existing enterprise clients
Offer high level client service, audit our existing relationships, mine new opportunities and bring forward strategic thinking and problem solving in an effort to deepen our existing client relationships. Support the President, the Director of Strategy and the Sales Team members, who also act as client service portals. Provide smart, strategic thinking who can offer more than firefighting, but who can be proactive in ensuring that Influence is providing all the necessary requirements to support their business executionally and strategically.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities):
- University degree or college diploma in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent/relevant professional qualifications
- 5-10 years of proven marketing sales experience
- Strong knowledge of marketing and selling principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to structure a pitch deck in a strategic manner, and write clear content that flows
- Ability to clearly and enthusiastically present information and influence others
- Ability to confidently present in front of clients and intuitively adjust presentation communication style and content to suit various audiences
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands within challenging timeframes
- Creative and strategic in problem solving and critical thinking
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- A leadership mentality
- Ability working cohesively on a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, web-based reporting sites)
- Client/Customer Focus – provides superior service, builds trust with existing and new clients.
- Initiative / Proactive – an independent worker who is driven to present solutions, act collaboratively and decisively, with an ability to anticipate.
- Communication – expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Judgement – ability to use sound reasoning when faced with various issues. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions.
- Negotiation – gains support of ideas, proposals, and solutions from others; reaches deals and compromises on what will work best for the organization; considers other opinions while holding strong to firm directions and goals.
- Problem Solving – able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use creativity, logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Results Oriented – able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved.
- Teamwork – works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Time Management – balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
About Influence Marketing:
Influence Marketing creates immersive brand experiences in-field, amplifies them on-line and drives purchase in-store. Our mandate is to help our clients engage consumers through innovative campaigns strategically designed to influence purchase decisions.
Influence is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply:
Please email your résumé with a brief explanation of why you are the right candidate for this position to Danielle Perron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those being considered for an interview will be contacted within 24hrs.