23 Aug Group Account Director
|Job Title:||Group Account Director|
|Position Reports To:||Vice-President, Experiential|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Posting Date:||August 22nd, 2018|
- Lead the development, management and execution of multiple accounts in the Experiential Marketing Business Unit (XM BU) with a focus on Beverage Alcohol
- Candidate should have experience in the beverage alcohol or restricted substance categories
- 60% focus on client service including strategic account development, and 40% focus on managing account staff and ensuring outstanding high-quality XM executions
- Influence positive change through a focus on the following Influence Strategic Imperatives; Improve Service Productivity and Optimize Cost Structure
- Competitive salary plus bonus structure
- Work with a united team and innovative thinkers who are not afraid to work hard and that care about doing great work for their clients
- Strong family-like culture…. It’s a really fun place to work!
- Employee run Social Committee with monthly events – i.e. Softball team, BBQs, internal contests, etc.
- Dog friendly office!
Skills and Experience Required:
Client Service/Business Development
- Liaise with clients at a senior level but establish vertical relationships
- Work with clients and provide strategic direction to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, implement solutions
- Accountable for overall growth, development and management of all assigned accounts; promote the expansion of business with the client (i.e.: find organic opportunities)
- Proactively bring ideation and best practices forward to existing clients
- Review client facing materials (e.g. Reports, Presentations, Estimates, Invoices etc.)
- Perform detailed evaluation of client business needs
- Accountable for the Account Planning Process in the BU
- Creation of campaign KPI’s and post mortems
- Build trust, credibility, and client referrals
- Candidate should have a solid understanding of additional below-the-line service offerings including but not limited to experiential, retail and digital
- Lead and oversee account management in the BU as assigned by the VP
- Oversee development, management and execution of programs
- Ensure Client Communication Protocol and expectations are established with the team, and actioned with the client
- Delegate tasks based on capacity, skill and priorities
- Redirect poor performance and provide constructive feedback
- Ensure program Critical Paths are developed, followed and re-adjusted as required
- Monitor program development day-to-day
- Serve as quality control to ensure a high standard for client materials, presentations, creative, execution, etc.
- Resolve functional conflicts through consultation with the VP, account team and client
- Support team by physically being present at events, serving as quality control and a problem solver
Staff Management – The GAD will manage all staff that he/she oversees, as well as support VP with how to resource for the BU.
- Provide team leadership that promotes and rewards creativity, performance and ambition
- Foster teamwork and a constructive work environment
- Implementation of the Influence Performance Management System (IM360)
- Provide strategic suggestions on staff strengths and concerns
- Manage key deliverable timelines
- Maintain a high level of team performance through accountability, delegation and collaboration in association with other agency resources (Creative, Digital, Recruiting, etc.)
- Embrace and teach process to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Accountable for achieving Gross Profit target margins
- Responsible for final approval on estimates, budget, invoice drafting and on-going tracking
- Ensure cost control is a priority on all programs he/she manages
- Maintain or improve docket profitability
Leadership and Supporting Duties
- Embrace agency strategic imperatives, values and process to maximize program success and a positive team culture
- Embrace Influence process – mandate that it is followed to ensure consistent and efficient performance across the organization
- Initiative / Proactive – an independent worker who is driven to present solutions, act collaboratively and decisively, with an ability to anticipate.
- Communication – expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Judgement – ability to use sound reasoning when faced with various issues. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions.
- Negotiation – gains support of ideas, proposals, and solutions from others; reaches deals and compromises on what will work best for the organization; considers other opinions while holding strong to firm directions and goals.
- Problem Solving – able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use creativity, logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Results Oriented – able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved.
- Teamwork – works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Time Management – balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
About Influence Marketing:
Influence Marketing creates immersive brand experiences in-field, amplifies them on-line and drives purchase in-store. Our mandate is to help our clients engage consumers through innovative campaigns strategically designed to influence purchase decisions.
Influence is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply:
If we have piqued your interest, please email your résumé with a brief explanation of why you are the right candidate for this position to Danielle Perron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those being considered for an interview will be contacted.