Organization: Influence Marketing
Industry: Retail Sales & Marketing
Position: Territory Sales Representative
Location: Various Markets Across Canada
Job Type: Full-time Contract
Reporting to: Account Executive
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a new and growing industry, where you can use your sales skills, work independently and work with innovative marketers?
Influence Marketing is seeking full-time Territory Sales Representatives to represent its client in select markets across the country. This client is the leader in their industry, focused on driving innovation through its vapor products to positively impact and improve the lives of Canada’s 5 million cigarette smokers.
Positions will be six (6) month contracts running from November 26th, 2018 to May 26th, 2019 to start, with a strong possibility of extension. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and self-motivated individual with strong communication, organization, relationship building, and problem-solving skills.
This is a full-time (Monday – Friday 40hr per week) opportunity with positions in the following markets:
Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Montreal, Quebec City
The Territory Sales Representative’s role is to drive brand awareness and education, as well as increase distribution by building relationships with current and future retail partners and their staff. Territory Sales Representatives will be required to provide retail partners with valuable insights about the industry, the leading innovative products, and to consistently exceed expectations in their knowledge and attentiveness to the overall business needs and the growth of the overall business in the category. The Territory Sales Representatives are responsible for supporting retail stores through regular visits scheduled based on priorities provided by management. The primary activities include education, sales, merchandising, and auditing. Successful candidates will represent the brand in a positive and professional manner and will work closely with the account team to ensure all priorities and tasks are completed.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in an innovative, energetic, creative, and data driven environment. If you have these qualities and want to succeed in a fast moving and exciting industry, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting career.
The Territory Sales Representatives must be willing to travel within the assigned territory. Client product and industry training will be provided to all successful applicants.
- Maintain regular communication with account team through daily online reports to gather predetermined KPIs.
- Responsible for pre-call planning and maintaining an efficient travel schedule.
- Conducting regular visits at established retail locations as well as new traditional and non-traditional retailers; i.e Speciality retailers (Vape, Smoke, Tobacconists), C-Stores, Bodegas, etc.
- Create ideal in-store environment based on merchandising guidelines in key accounts. Audit placement and visibility for point of sale assets and ensure in-store assets align with global calendar.
- Building deep “Trusted Advisor” relationships with store managers/owners and distribution partner’s sales teams by providing expertise and knowledge of the industry, retail strategies and sales tactics.
- Visit up to 15 stores per day within the assigned territory.
- Engaging in product trainings, demos, consumer awareness, branding and acquisition initiatives.
- Consistently representing yourself and applying the client’s company values in all business interactions.
- It is not necessary for candidates to be current or past smokers or vape product users, however it is expected that Territory Sales Representatives will become passionate product and industry/category experts.
- Ability to attend retailer and distributor product training events.
- Focus on execution to make things happen and get the job done.
- Correct out of stock, place marketing/promotional material, ensure proper display of POS, and complete other merchandising duties as required.
- Perform Surge/Blitz projects and other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 1 year brand ambassador experience, preferably in retail, merchandising and/or auditing.
- Experience with CPG, Spirits, Vape products and/or consumer electronics considered a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle. Successful candidates must provide a clean drivers abstract.
- Must have regular access to a cellular device with data.
- Must have access to a printer for certain training materials.
- Must be able to receive and ship items, such as training materials, POS and other items as required.
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ambitious, organized with strong time management, initiative and communication skills.
- Quick-learner who is comfortable delivering 7-8 key messaging points/education aspects to retailers.
- Comfortable with an ever-changing environment with new products frequently being introduced to the market.
- Great communicator using technology (PowerPoint, Excel, teleconferences, etc.).
- Proficiency and aptitude of basic computer & smartphone/tablet skills.
- CRM software (SalesForce) experience considered an asset.
- Positive attitude and emotional IQ in a hyper-growth, fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- The ability to take initiative and be creative, while simultaneously taking direction.
- Willingness to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- College diploma, bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- A place to grow your career in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Opportunity to be part of a talented, committed, and supportive team.
- Competitive base salary plus bonus.
- Cellphone subsidy.
- Car/gas allowance.
How To Apply
Please email Jessie Dhillon at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resumé. Please specify what city you are located in. Candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Feel the Influence.
Influence Marketing is a sales and marketing services agency that helps its clients increase their sales, market share, and brand awareness. We create immersive experiences in-field, amplify them online, and pave the path to purchase in store. We create an average of 20+ brand experiences per day, 365 days across Canada, engaging more than 10 million Canadians.